An influential national broadcaster in central Europe has selected Hive Media Data Center Solution to streamline its workflow for multi-site content sharing, intelligent resource sharing and agile collaboration, based on the future-ready distributed data center architecture.
Who is our customer?
Media Data Center Solution is designed for national-level broadcaster and media group with stations across different cities, requiring enterprise-level content sharing and business agility to prepare for future business development.
What is our challenge?
It’s a big headache for the national broadcaster to manage the business silos. What they need is a common IT platform to enhance the multi-site content sharing, resource sharing, efficient collaboration, extending from traditional production to converged production. Moreover, they expect to move to UHD/IP workflow to promote competitiveness.
Why choose Sobey?
“Hive will enable us to be much more agile; the advantage of a web based production tool allowing us to share materials between different regional entities immediately whilst only ingesting content once.” Comments CTO of the technical service provider for the national broadcaster.
- Industry-leading Hive Media Data Center solution
Sobey’s Hive solution adopts Cloud-native architecture based on micro-services, offering the unprecedented flexibility, scalability. It is exactly what they are looking for, build upon distributed data center, which is a unified content platform for content and resource sharing, facilitating the seamless collaborative production.
- Distributed media data center to cover news and sports production
- Unified content platform for multi-site content sharing and seamless collaborative production
- Cloud-native architecture based on micro-services, featuring flexibility, auto-scalability and HA
- Shared computing resource to lower the operational cost
- Cross platform Web Editing tool adaptive to different network situations
- Open platform w/ full-function API for partners to integrate their toolsets with the system.
- Rich production tools enable 24/7 news production and distribution across multiple platforms including Internet, mobile, social media and broadcast applications alike